Thursday, July 31, 2008

Arrogance or Stupidity I am not sure which!

Yes, I am a little late with regard to commenting on the Pit Bull Ban. In fact a friend of mine asked me why I had not commented on either the Observation Deck or the Buzz.

The reason is essentially this ban is a waste of time by our city leaders.

One councilman decides that this ban is in the best interest of the citizens of Lakewood. Yet, there is laws already on the books protecting individuals relating to vicious dogs.

Its like the Mayor is trying to reduce the budget and eliminate certain service, now this ban puts added pressure on city services, it just doesn't make sense. I have talked to many residents about this ban over the last couple of weeks and no one can be positive about the way it was handled.

Those opposed to this ban stand up and fight and what do they get, a knock at the door by the Animal Warden.

Arrogance or Stupid I am not sure, but one at-Large councilman sure looks a little heavy handed in his approach to pass this ordinance.

Go view the Fox 8 report and tell me you don't come to the same conclusion.

No comments: