Thursday, October 26, 2006

ISSUE 4 & 5

H/T Cox & Forkum
If you are a smoker, even this may be outlawed if one of these issues is passed

I have problems with both Issue 4 & 5. With both issues I am okay with the language, however on Issue 5, I get concerned over the establishment of a fund and think where is this money coming from and who gets authority to spend and who is to receive the dollars, I have yet to see a clear explanation of that part of the ballot. If someone can point it to me, please feel free to let me know in the comments.

By the way, if you really read the language, if both Issues pass, then 4 would erase 5, since Issue 4 is a constitutional language and Issue 5 is strictly Ohio Revised Code material.

I would suspect there will be a lot of confusion by voters on which issue to vote for, which could cause one or both to fail.

I have my absentee ballot, and these are the last items to be completed, right now I am leaning NO on Issue 4 and Issue 5.

No comments: