Tuesday, November 08, 2005

IT'S OUT OF MY HANDS

After nearly 5 months, 30,000 pieces of literature, several thousands doors, several hundred letters and phone calls and many miles walked, I can do no more than stand around and watched people vote.

This past weekend we conducted our last blitz, we distributed nearly 5,000 pieces of literature and covered nearly the entire city with my comparison piece. We walked in every precinct in Ward 2 and all but 3 in Wards 1 & 3 and except for the apartments in Ward 4 we walked in all but 5 precincts.

My family came into town and hammered away lists, my volunteers continued to work hard to bring about change. My Mom again sat by the phone and called people to remind them to vote.

The Democrats did not hit us like I thought they would, they in fact created confusion by sending out two pieces of literature of their own that listed the candidates that were endorsed by the City Democratic party and the other one paid for by one of the non-endorsed At-Large Democrat candidate listing the preferred candidates.

Thank you to all who have read this blog and have supported me along the way.

Until later tonight!

No comments: