Saturday, June 25, 2005

Hittin' the Pavement


Today, I started going door to door -- stopped at 200+ houses most people were not home, but was able to talk with a lot of good folks who are interested in what happens in the City.
Had a few doors slammed in the face, but that is to be expected. I had somewhat admit that they were a "card carrying member of the ACLU" -- that is the first time I had actually heard someone use that phrase.

Tomorrow more door to door.

The campaign is picking up steam and events this week. We are going door2door a couple of more times this week and then on Thursday my first fundraising party. I am off the weekend as I am celebrating my 25th High School Reunion back at Lew -Port on Jul 2nd.
Lakewood has a 4th of July Parade and I am hoping to get a good turn out of friends and supporters for that.

Tonight I am taking Rita to see Stevie Nicks at Blossom

A few weeks ago I met Ken Blackwell, currently he is the Secretary of State, but he is also a leading candidate for the Republican nominations for Governor.
He is a pretty down to earth guy and someone that has the state's interest at heart and willing to make sure it goes the right way.
I am of average height and he must be at least 6-6.

I am hoping to meet with other candidates and I will post there photos as well!

No comments: