Thursday, June 23, 2005

The Journal of a Candidate PT. II

May 9, 2005
Met with Ryan, went over the numbers to establish how much it would cost for mailers towards the end of the Primary season. The Primary is set for October 4th. If I come out of that I will have only 4 weeks in which to campaign until the General Election.
We came up with the figures of little over $7,000 just to do the mailers. We estimated that it will take another $7-9,000 to cover the rest of the expenses, such as signs, bumper stickers, t-shirts and also to cover expenses for fundraising.

As through this whole consideration I kept thinking that this is a lot of money to spend for two year race, I had been incorrectly thinking that the at large spot was a two gig as well, but Ryan stated that these will be a four year deal. Which made me feel better about the money situation.

May 10, 2004
Found out the County Party will help with one of the mailers, which could save some money and maybe use that for Post Primary work.

More later with some other reasons why I am running.

No comments: